Chem Sources File Specifications
Please enclose all company information, e.g. full company address, all phone numbers, fax numbers, email, url, and contact person information. All information may be sent via mail or email!
When supplying product information, please provide CD or email and send as an attachment.
Please provide the data in Dbase, FoxPro, Access, Excel, SDF format if at all possible. Otherwise, use the comma delimited ASCII format described below.
1. CASNDX is the 9 digit Chemical Abstracts Service number without the dashes separating the three parts. There must be exactly 9 digits (eg. 4003-1 2-1 would be entered as 004003121). This number is important because it is the only common number recognized throughout the industry for each chemical. We use the CAS# to match your products to our file so we can enter them.
2. CHEM is the chemical name. This name should follow the IUPAC naming standard.
3. CATALOG is your number for this product. This number may be mutually beneficial for future updates and possible publication.
4. BULK is the designation if you offer the chemical in "bulk commercial quantity". Use the letter "Y" if applicable.
5. PURE is the designation if you offer the chemical in "high purity" form. This is zone refined, electronic grade, etc. Use the letter "Y" for this field if applicable.
6. REF is a 10 digit number assigned by us and required for processing. You will only find this number on update data sent to you for verification on second and subsequent years you continue to list chemicals with us. For new chemical additions and listings disregard this field since this number can only originate from us.
7. UNITSZ is the numeric quantity product is sold by. eg. 2, 200
8. UOM is the unit of measure or package size(s) the product is sold by. eg. liters, pounds, mg, kg, drum
9. PURITY of the chemical as designated in percent. eg. 97.88%
10. MOLEWT is molecular weight. eg. 100.13
11. MOLEFORM is the molecular formula. eg. C3H2NS(NH2)
12. BOILINGPT is boiling point. eg. 235.9
13. MELTINGPT is melting point. eg. 150.3 C
14. TSCA is either "T" or "F" that designates toxicity by TSCA.
15. COMMENTS is for any additional
information you may want to add about the product.
© Copyright 2009 All rights reserved. Chemical Sources International, Inc.